We're going to set up a blog using BlueHost service. To to this click here you will be taken to the home page, then click on the 'get started now' button if you want to signup right away.
1. Click here to get the Promo Sale price of 3.49/mo onBlueHost before 30th of the month and then click ‘get started now’ button.
2. Select a plan. I recommend the “starter” plan for new bloggers. Click “Select” to choose your plan.
3. Enter the domain name you wish to use into the box on your left and click “next” to see if it is available or not.
If you already own a domain name and wish to use it for your blog, then type it into the box in the right and click “next”. Note that the box is only for those with registered domain names.
4. In case the domain name is not available, BlueHost will generate similar names that are available for you to choose from. You may choose one of the suggested names or keep trying until you get your choice. These free tools mentioned earlier will help you in choosing a domain name for your blog. (www.namestation.com, www.bustaname.com, www.impossibility.org, www.namemesh.com).
5. After you have successfully chosen a domain name for your blog, you will be taken to the registration page where you will supply your billing details.
6. The next step is where to choose your hosting package and other options.
You may choose 36, 24 or 12 months package. The choice is yours to make. If you are thinking of long term blogging I advice you go for 36 months package. You may uncheck the boxes next to the other products when signing-up. You can sign up for this options later if you wish.
7. After completing these steps which should take you just a few minutes, go to the BlueHost homepage and login by clicking the log in tab at the top. Supply the login details (domain name or username and password) you chose when registering.
8. Have you successfully logged in? Let’s install WordPress, the software you will use for your blog. Please, close any pop-up windows, then look under the “Website” heading and click the “Install WordPress” button.
If this is getting too complicated, contact me here and I will be glad to help you install your blog for free.
Once you click on the WordPress link it will take you to Mojo Marketplace which is where you install WordPress. To stall it, click on the “Install” button.
Check the “Show advanced options” box. Then enter your site title, username, and password. All of these can be changed later except the username. Write down your username and password and keep them in a safe place so you don’t forget it! You must agree to the terms and then click “Install Now”.
WordPress is now installing! This should take just few minutes.
9. Click “View Credentials” at the top of the page to see your login details when the installation is completed. This detail is only available for 12 hours as indicated, so ensure that you write it down and keep it in a safe and secure place!
When the installation finishes you will be sent an email containing your login details.
Go to step #1 Here: CHOOSING A DOMAIN NAME
Go to step #2 Here: HOW TO SETUP YOUR BLOG
Go to step #3 Here: HOW TO USE YOUR NEW BLOG
Go to step #4 Here: CONFIGURING YOUR BLOG
Go to step #5 Here: HOW TO START BLOGGING
Go to step #6 Here: HOW TO PROMOTE YOUR BLOG
Go to step #7 Here: HOW TO MAKE MONEY BLOGGING